Saturday, February 21, 2009

Referral News

Then the day finally came. It was Jan. 28, 2009. It's called the "Referral." It was a total shock to us when we received the phone call. Our adoption agency, America World called and the exact words were "Grace and Owen, we have a referral for you." They said, "we have a girl for you and her name is Ling Wu Qian. She's from the province of Jiangxi, from the Shangrao Children's Welfare Center. To the best of their knowledge, she was born on 1/15/08, (it's Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday for those of you keeping track of African American History).

After we hung up, I (Grace) could not breath. I needed a paperbag. I sat down, I got up. I paced. I was hyperventilating. I was crying. I was laughing. My heart was pounding. I was a mess. Mind you, we had been waiting for over 3 years. You just don't treat this type of news nonchalantly. We were beyond excited. I was going to explode. We have a baby girl waiting for us in China. I think the earth stood still, the angels rejoiced and God was estactic along with us.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Family
    Firs of all, Congratulations for your new daughter.
    Let me introduce myself. Our name is Adopchina (www.adopchina.org) and we are a Spanish ONG that helps many orphanages in China.
    Your daughter lives in Shangrao orphanage (Jiangxi) and this is one of our most protected orphanages.
    Many Spanish families have sponsored children in this orphanage, and your daughter is one of them.
    We have photos and maybe short videos of her stay in Shangrao, and if you want, for us would be a pleasure, send you everything we have about your daughter.
    We were with her in September 2008 and February 2009
    Congratulations, again
    I would like you to know how much their caretakers love in this orphanage the children .
    Its director, the person who delivered your daughter to you is the best person in the world. All families referred in Shangrao Ling, if they want, can write us in Adopchina and we'll give them all information we have, photos and videos of their daughters.
    We wish you happiness.

    Adopchina
    adopchina @ adopchina.org
    www.adopchina.org

    ReplyDelete